Monday 30 January 2012

Chicken Cutlet


This is one of the non-veg specialties that I am good at preparing. I have a recipe of my own, which is very easy and very sure of turning perfect. So even the new ones can give the recipe a try. I myself is a big fan of my cutlet and my hubby always will tell that he finds the cutlet at home the best. Because of this I have never tried an alternate recipe though I know that many would have different and better recipes. Almost every time I buy chicken my hubby will be pestering me to keep some pieces apart for the cutlet. In your purchase of chicken , separate little bone less pieces. There is no exact quantity of chicken required. If it is little less or more, the taste will not change much.

Ingredients I
Boneless chicken pieces-200gms
Potato-3 (medium size)
Ingredients IIBig onion-1 chopped
Green chilli-chopped 3
Ginger garlic paste-1 teaspoon
Garam masala powder-1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-1 teaspoon
Red Chili powder-1 teaspoon
Ingredients III
Powdered rusk – handful
Egg white- 1 Egg
Oil-4 Table spoons
Procedure
Pressure cook the potatoes without cutting for 10 minutes
Cut the chicken into small pieces
Cook the chicken pieces in a kadai for 7 minutes
Remove the chicken pieces from the kadai
After it cools mince it in a mincer or mixie (make sure there is no water)
Peele off the skin of the potatoes and smash it after it cools
In a kadai in a teaspoon of oil sauté the items given in Ingredients II.Add the powders after switching off the stove, else they will get burnt
Now add this into the potato mix.
Add the minced chicken also into this
Add the required quantity of salt
Mix everything well
Check for the taste
If hotness or salt is missing add chili powder or salt
Spread the rusk powder in a paper
1 egg white is enough for the whole thing
Keep the egg white in a soup bowl so that you can dip the cutlet and take out
Make the cutlets in the shape you like
Dip into the egg white and roll over the rusk powder and keep aside
After making 5 or 6 cutlets , Keep oil in a very small frying pan and fry the cutlets in medium fire
The fire in no stage should be high
After one side gets fried slowly change side
There is no chance of this cutlet breaking
If it breaks it means it is watery
There is no chance of water in this recipe as we boil the potatoes as a whole
By somehow if it gets watery , add little rusk powder or bread into the mix and make it thick
Fry the cutlets one by one or 2 at a time as we have kept only little oil
Those who don’t want even this oil can fry it in a tawa which I am not good at
Your chicken cutlet is ready
Serve it with tomato sauce
It tastes Yummy with the sauce
I am sure many of my loving readers give a try at this recipe when they buy chicken next time and leave me a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment